Add Attribute to an Existing Product
New attributes can be added to a product at anytime. However, you cannot remove an attribute from a product if it is being used on a quote.
- On the Edit Sell Products page, click on the Product and select "Add New Attribute...".
- Select the attribute and enter a default value to be applied to any products already in use
- Update price groups or cost groups
Step by Step
In this example, I have been selling only 2cm granite but now I am adding 3 cm granite. So in addtion to the color attribute on my granite product I want to add a thickness attribute.
- Go to Quote::Edit Sell Products
- Click on the Product and select "Add New Attribute..."
TIP: If you don't see the product you want, click the Options... button and select the product from the drop down list.
- Select the Attribute Name and the Default Value.
- Go to Quote::Edit Prices to update prices