Adding Estimated Material And Activity Costs
The Quote Analysis section on the Quote Detail page, provides a rough estimate of the material and activity cost for a quote. The estimated material cost is based on the relationship you define between a sell product and a purchase product. The estimated activity cost is based on an hourly rate you provide for the job activity types. Follow the steps below to add estimated material and activity costs.
- Set up purchase products
The estimated material cost is calculated using the product cost on the Edit Costs page (Purchasing > Edit Costs). Verify that a cost is entered for the products included in your quotes.
- Enter the hourly rate for job activity types
- Go to Job > Edit Settings
- In the Job Activity Types section, click on the name of the activity type and select Edit Activity Type 'activity type'...
- Enter the cost in the Est. Hourly Cost field
- Define activity costs for sell products
- Go to Quote > Edit Sell Products
- Click on the cell in the Est. Resources column, and select Add Estimated Activity...
- Select a job activity from the drop down list and enter numbers to complete the equation. For example, if 1 Sq. ft. of Cambria takes half an hour to fabricate you would enter the following:
- Link sell products to purchase products
- Click on the cell in the Est. Resources column, and select Add Estimated Material...
- In the drop down list, select the corresponding purchase product and then enter numbers to complete the equation such as 46 Sq. ft = 1 Cambia (Slab). Another example is 1 Sq. ft. Granite = 1.2 Granite (Sq. ft)