Maintaining Parent Fields
This article describes how to add a new value to a Parent Field (see related article), update the attribute's list of values and then generate price groups.
For example, your Silestone Color attribute has a parent field named "Silestone Color Group" with the values Group A and Group B but now you want to add the new value "River Series".
- Add the value "River Series" to your parent field named "Silestone Color Group"
- Add new colors and/or move existing colors to "River Series".
- Create a price group named River Series by selecting the parent field when generating price groups
The steps below refer to Sell Products but the process would be similar for Purchase Products.
- Go to Quote::Edit Sell Products and find the Product Attributes section. (You may need to scroll down past your list of products to find it.)
- Click on the name of the attribute (example: Silestone Color) and select Edit list of values
- Double-click on the parent field (example: Silestone Color Group)
- Click on the New Silestone Color Group... button and then type the name of your new group (example: River Series) and click OK.
- Click on your browser's back button and then click on the New Silestone Color... button and type in the new colors.
- Select the colors you want to group together (example: Yellow Nile and Sonora Gold) and click the Move Selected to Parent...button
- Select the Parent Field (example: Silestone Color Group) and Value (example: River Series) and then click OK
The value now appears in the parent column for the selected colors. (example: Yellow Nile and Sonora Gold have the value River Series in the Silestone Color Group column)
- Generate price groups using the parent field
- Go to Quote >Edit Prices, click in the Price Group column and select Generate Price Groups...
- Select the parent field to have JobTracker generate a price group for your new parent field value.
- Click in the Price column to enter the price.